Saturday 7 July 2012

Blog Roll: Down on the Allotment


Every now and again, I will be introducing you to Green, Eco, or Sustainable style Blogs around the Internet that I read. Today it's time for:

Down on the Allotment.


Why I read it:
Matron is a fellow London Allotment holder though she is based in Hillingdon.

Regularity of updates: Regular.
Although Matron is often away from the blog it is not without good reason. However she is a regular blogger and definitely worthwhile having on your feed reader list. Oh yeah, she's been blogging a long time.

What's Good:
Being a fellow London blogger, Matron comes across the same issues that I do. London soil is mostly clay which is tough on the plants. I'm lucky in that the previous tenant took a great deal of trouble to build up the soil quality but in general we face the same issues. Whether it's trips to somewhere or the latest picking from the plot, Matron is always good for a read.

What's Bad:
My only gripe is the layout that she uses. Like me, Matron uses Blogger.com at her blogging system. But she has changed the default layout (as i have too) to make things go her way. But she forgot about navigation. The only way of finding things are either by archives or search (if you know what you're looking for). Tags are possibly one of the better ways of finding out all about a single topic and I find them really useful.

Hope you like Dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?