Sunday 22 September 2013

Off with his head

Things are winding down on the allotment. Well OK, the courgettes aren't. They're still producing like anybodies business.

But most of the other things are dying back. I've already lopped off the heads of the 8 small sun flowers planted outside the shed. Now it's the time for the rogue one just outside the greenhouse. And boy is that a big one.
Loads of seeds in that one. Maybe the offspring of this will come back next year. But in the mantime, I'ce hung it up somewhere dry to allow it to dry out a bit. And to allow the ants which seem to have indfested it, time to move out or just dry out themselves.

I've the meantime, I've started chopping down the old sweetcorn and stuff and generally putting the allotment to bed for the winter. A winter during which I shall be making extensive modifications to the plot after having my first year growing there. There are a lot of things which I need to do better and a lot of lessons learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?