Saturday 29 March 2014

Has beans

I guess I might have been a bit too early putting my beans out last week. It suddenly went rather cold this week and the beans didn't like it.

There are a couple of other seedlings in the greenhouse which may have also suffered. These were the ones closest to the side windows so they may have just caught the edge of the cold. Their leaves have turned brown(ish) and curled up. Still, plenty more available.

Although the seedlings are coming along nicely, I really need to start getting some beds available for them to be planted into. I'm on shop duty tomorrow so I have to be there nice and early. Well earlier than usual because tonight we lose an hour of sleep as the clocks change. I really hate this "daylight saving" thing. We don't actually save any daylight. the amount of light is still the same. Just we choose to view more of it because people get up earlier. If people got up earlier anyway then there wouldn't be this problem. There is nothing wrong with getting up at 6am anyway. I do it on a regular basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?