Sunday 28 February 2016

Shop and Woodchips

Had to do my stint in the shop today. It was pretty damn cold on the plot, but the new shop managers have re-done the shop over winter and there is now some electric heaters that kick on about 30 mins before the shop opens. So it makes it very comfortable to work in. We were surprisingly busy today. Mostly selling seed potatoes which people should now be chitting.

Afterwards I headed to B&Q rather than go to the plot. I bought a roll of roofing felt for the shed. But it was still a little too windy to try fixing the roof. However no sooner had I driven in than I noticed there had been a wood chip delivery.

We've been out of wood chip on the East Side for a while so it's time to put the wheelbarrow to full use.

The paths on the plot definitely needed a new covering. Mind you, after 17 barrowfuls I wasn't much in the mood for taking photos of the finished thing. Anyway, I hope there will be some left next week as there is more paths and beds I need to put down. There's always more to do... and I haven't even started chitting my spuds yet. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?