Sunday 18 February 2018

Still building beds

Whats this? Sunshine? No rain? Wow. Time to get down the plot.

It's a nice sunny day (for a change) and I'm greeted at the plot with a small ray of sunshine - the daffs are flowering

But even so, there is still a lot of work to be done. So it's time to dig out the tools and get building.

Unfortunately, as I've mentioned before, my old drill is no longer up to scratch. It's a Ni-Cad based drill in which the battery has seen better days. Although I did managed to get a couple of beds made, the fully charged battery was unable to go any further putting a halt to the days work.

I still have three more 8ft beds to make for the new section. But due to the drill, it's impossible to put together any more wood. And there is also the slight problem in that I don't have any more 6ft planks. I normally chop the 6ft'ers in half so that all the beds are the same 3ft width. So next week I'll have to get more wood, and see how long the charge lasts. But I suspect that the drill may be on it's last legs.

Mr. Fox has been around again. You can see in the photo above that he has tried digging his way underneath the bed I put down last time. I'll have to fill in that hole when I put down the beds. Hopefully the weather will stay dry and I can do it next week. But then again, this is English weather we're talking about. Anything can happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?