Sunday 30 September 2018

It's chilli time

The Chillies have been ripening in the greenhouse. The plants themselves are starting to look a little sorry for themselves, but they sure have put out a whole load of fruit.


I have only picked those which are red. There are a lot more that are green or just starting to turn so they will be left to mature a little longer. There are also a couple of other plants which I haven't yet touched.


Meanwhile we have culled all the remaining tomatoes. It's easier to trim off the vines themselves rather than pick all of the small cherry tomatoes directly.

We'll probably be picking through these for the rest of the week.

And finally, there are the very large of the squashes and courgettes. We have enough of these, so we're going to leave them at the front of the plot for anybody who want them to grab.

We're definitely into the tail-end of the season now, so I'm starting to clear the beds, fill those that need it with manure. But I do need to start getting some covers made to ensure Mr. Fox doesn't dig through them too much. And I supposed I also need to start thinking about next year. Perhaps once I've cleared the beds, I can put down all the Stuttgard onions sets that I got on sale at the local garden centre. Would be nice to actually try for decent onions, given that I don't seem to have much luck with them.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?