Sunday 28 March 2021

Police Action!

OK, I apologise for the click-baity title. But life was pretty noisy on the plot today. There were a lot of sirens on the roads around the allotment and a Police Helicopter overhead. Guess they think I was planting something dodgy.


In fact I was planting a whole load of seeds. Courgettes, Pak Choi, Tomatoes, Beetroot, Turnips, and a selection of flowers from old seeds. Not sure if the flowers will germinate, but if they do it'll keep The Wife happy.

We have a new seeds rack in the greenhouse. Somebody was throwing out an old shoe rack (or something) so I swiped it. After all one mans rubbish is another man's treasure. Not the first time I've done this. So now we have a seed rack.

But of course we still have the benches and the shelf at the very back of the greenhouse.


And those old milk bottles are doing well as plant labels. I came across a potful of old labels that were under the shelves and the were somewhat fragile. The UV has obviously got to the plastic and made them very brittle, so much so that any slight bending of the label and they shatter into multiple pieces. Those old things ended up in the bin and the trusty scissors made a whole load more labels. It's not like the old labels cost anything anyway. A lot of seed companies give them away when you buy your seeds. But of course it's the pens which are needed. Still haven't got that chinagraph pencil that I wanted. But at least the Police can't accuse me of wasting resources.








No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?