Sunday 1 August 2021

A forest of canes

 They've all fallen over.

In the recent downpours, all of my outside tomatoes have fallen over. OK, I always knew that I should support them, but they've been growing straight and true for a while now and I never got around to putting in the support canes. But now they have all flopped and need the support.

The Chillies this year are not doing as well as previous years. Not sure why, but they did seem to have the same germination problem that all of the other plants had this year. I'm wondering if it was the starting compost, the weather, or just the way the year started. Anyway, instead of putting them in the separate large pots that I normally do, this year, I ousted the remains of the Pak Choi and put my chilli plants into the troughs.

Hopefully they'll put on a growth spurt (if the changeable weather lets them) and we get a few chillies on the plants. I can only hope.

The 2021 Courgette Tally:
11


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?