Sunday 21 July 2013

A little better

Following on from last weekend's heat, this weekend turned out to be a little cooler. But only just.

But I'm afraid that the heat as put a serious dent in the plant toll. My poor tomatoes in the greenhouse are suffering. I have a wooden lattice that I use to "close" the door in an attempt to keep the heat down, but the poor things are turning a little yellow in the leaves. I suspect that the necessary watering has washed a lot of the nutrients out of the soil. So I am going to attempt to give them a little feed to help them along.

Hopefully it will be enough to save the small mini-toms that have formed.

The sunflowers were wilting somewhat. But after giving them serious drenchings they seem to have perked up a bit. But they're no where near the "Giant" implied in their name.

But at least the Grape Vine is loving this heat. There are about 20 little grape clusters forming.

And the sweet corn is doing well too. Pity the attempt to grow the peas up them hasn't worked out as well as I expected.



No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?