Sunday 14 July 2013

Hot Weekend

Hot as in temperature wise.

The temperature in the greenhouse was pushing 40°C. It was all I could do to keep the plants from expiring. Looks like most of my rocket has gone to seed.

Saturday I didn't do anything on the allotment (apart from an early morning watering.) Instead, it being the Wife's Birthday, we went to the British Wildlife Centre.
(Frodo at the BWC)

Which reminds me. Looks like the foxes have made their home in the mound. That's OK. Better than them digging up my rhubarb.
Sunday promised to be another hot day, so I was onsite by 6am. I wasn't alone. There were two other people there as well. Guess we all want to miss the heat. I finally got round to planting the Courgettes in the mound.

And I planted the sunflowers next to the shed.

And on the subject of shed. Looks like the Grape Vine has put on a massive growth spurt. It has quite a few mini-grapelets formed. But it definitely needs a bit of a trim.




No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?