Sunday 27 April 2014

More construction

Whilst I had fully intended to build another raised bed, but as I also had to pot up the Nicotiana for the Plant Sale and it was rather overcast with the odd occasional spots of rain I elected not to pursue heavy construction work today. I managed to make space in my greenhouse for the plants by the simple expedient of re-arranging the "stuff" that was in there.

Instead the only construction work I did was to make a bean frame ready for the, well, beans of course.

The soil was easily cleared and most of the work had already been done for me, by the foxes. As they had excavated their den in the mound, they dug out all the soil into a loose pile right outside their door. This was then raked and positioned nicely for the bed. Then it was a matter of getting the canes positioned.


Somehow I wish I could have trained the foxes to erect this. I rather fancy an army of vulpine workers to help around the plot. Instead I'll have to settle for their help in digging out the composted weeds from the old courgette mound.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?