Saturday 29 August 2015

Has beans

The Borlotti Bean foliage is starting to die off. It doesn't help that the leaves had been the victim of a horrendous black fly infestation. So many of the beans have actually been malformed.


The courgettes are still cranking out the fruits. So those and a few leaves of the spinach which appears to have survived despite the plants being pulled will form the basis of tonight's dinner.

It looks like the outdoor tomatoes are starting to decay as well. But unfortunately the fruits are still green. I suspect that the only way to do anything with them would be to turn them into something like a chutney. I've never attempted a make a chutney... other than when my parents used to make them which was some 35+ years ago. So I suspect that I will have to do a spot of research for an appropriate recipe.

Unless anybody has a handy recipe to suggest?


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?