Monday 14 November 2016

Allotment Week: Day 1 - Preparations

I have a week off work. I'm not really one for taking holidays, but it's a case of "use it, or lose it." So I'm using it down the allotment.

It's a little damp down the allotment. The rain earlier in the day has made it a bit boggy to dig out the flowerbed. But I managed to clear a bit more space than I did previously. I also dug out some of the wood that I used to mark out the bed way back when. And what I surprise I found when I did so.

But I managed to dig out the bed with enough space to build everything.

In the process I also dug out, rather carefully, the daffodils that were hiding at the back.

These will be found a nice home in the new bed.

But that not all that happened today. The Morning Glory got hit with a frost the other day and it's somewhat dead.

Time to give it a new home in the new courgette mound and dig out the old compost bin that's hiding behind it.

Tomorrow, hopefully, I can make a start on building the new raised flowerbed. That is, if I can actually get the wood to the plot in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?