Thursday 17 November 2016

Allotment Week - Day 4 - Construction

Didn't get as much done today as I wanted to.

Popped down to Wickes first thing to get the remaining wood, and woodscrews, then back to the plot. Construction was going OK, but I was kind of fighting the weather. There were spurts of rain (which meant I had to bundle the equipment - and me - into the dry), but all the time it was blowing across the plot a bitterly cold wind. We didn't have the wind as bad as some, but even so it was enough for me to consider that retreat is the better option. Just managed to grab a quick photo before  left.

As you can see, it's starting to come together now. The loose planks at the back are the very back wall. They're obviously not fitted yet. The boards towards the front are actually the right hand outer wall. Need to cut the weed membrane at the front and place it to the right... but trying to do that in a wind is not going to be fun. So I guess that'll be for tomorrow. If it stops blowing so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?