Tuesday 17 April 2018

Allotment Week: Can you build it? Yes we can.

If yesterday I was Samwise Gamgee, today I was Bob the Builder.

The day started out with a long trip to B&Q to look for various bits. We wanted a kind of rubber mat to put on top of the various tables that we'd built over the time. But sadly we had no luck in finding anything suitable. Certainly not in the small quantities we needed. Rolls of Lino, yes. Offcuts? Not so much.

We did buy a whole load of cheap buckets which will do for spuds, so that 10 more spud "bags" for the plot. And a new wood saw.

Back on site the new saw made short work of the wood pile. So now there is a second trough to go with the first.

And I added legs to the low shelves from last year, for the second greenhouse.

Hopefully keeping things raised up will stop some of the wood louses and mice from getting at the crops.

But I'm afraid that building work stopped at that point. Not because I ran out of energy, but because my drill did. The old trusty is getting long in the tooth now, what with it being a Ni-Cad battery. It's definitely suffering.

Tomorrow hopefully I can get the second shelf done, and build the third and final trough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?