Saturday 30 October 2021

End of the season

It's not been a good year, and things just aren't growing over winter. Or at least I won't be growing anything over winter.

I have pulled all of the chillies off the plants. There are actually quite a few of them, but most are green, so I'm going to try the old banana trick to get them to ripen and see if that helps. It doesn't really matter too much anyway as I'll probably dry them in a low oven for a few hours before breaking them up into flakes.

The latter half of the year just didn't amount to much to make them achieve their full potential. Even today started out with large amounts of rain, but it did clear up by midday. Even so, it's still a little damp and squidgy underfoot, which makes working the plot a bit awkward. I'll have to try and get things cleared out over the weeks leading up to spring. And since I've just had my booster, it may be possible next year for me to actually go shopping to places like B&Q to get the stuff I need for the plot... like a new wheel barrow.

So anyway, don't expect much in the way of updates until the end-of-year round up (December time) and possibly photos of me clearing up next year.



3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about the tough year Dragon, good luck with your plans for 2022

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on getting your booster. Hope lives on for 2022!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I am a journalism student from Goldsmiths University researching about allotments and people who own them in London. I have read your blog and would love to chat with you. Is there anyway I can contact you? I am available on rkach002@gold.ac.uk. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?