Saturday 6 April 2013

A sunny day for shelving

Something is wrong. There is a big round WARM thing in the sky. This is most unusual. Where is the ice? Where is the freezing east wind? Where are the frozen fingers as you try to tighten up the nuts and bolts? This is all so strange.

But it has allowed me to finally finish the greenhouse by putting up the staging. The staging, like the greenhouse, it simply a load of aluminium pieces bolted together.
But due to the size of it (8ft staging in a 8ft greenhouse) it has to be built inside. It's never going to come out of there. Not too much of a problem, but tricky enough.

However the sunny day has allowed me to make excellent progress. So after a few hours toiling in the blazing sunshine, I now have a fully functional greenhouse.
The staging itself fit rather nicely, even if it's not how I planned it. I wanted the two pieces to fit in as an 'L' shape with the 8ft staging along one side, and the 4ft staging at the back. Unfortunately I built the 4ft staging first, and due to the height and nature of the small size, I now cannot turn it around.
So instead it now seems I have two lengths with a narrow walkway. I don't plan on growing anything in the ground in there (hence the weed membrane that I put down as the floor) but I did want some large pots. I guess I'll have to try and work around it. But the metal tops fit both ways so they are either a single flat shelf or (closest, left staging above) they can be turned upside down to act as a tray... or in this case a potting shelf.

I wonder if all this heat means I have to get the roof vents sorted out soonest?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?