Saturday 20 April 2013

Rescuing the tree (again)

Last year I wrote about a similar instance where I saved the tree from bindweed. Seems the now the decent weather has started the whole process all over again. This time I decided to do something a little more permanent about it.

I got in and cut all the grass and then used the secateurs on the brambles to flatten everything. Then it's time to put all the cardboard to good use. The amount of left over cardboard from making the greenhouse has been filling up the shed somewhat. So I cut it to size and placed it all around the tree. Then it was time for a few barrow trips to the wood chips. And now, the tree has it's own little cleared piece of ground.
Hopefully that'll keep the weeds out. For now...

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?