Sunday 1 June 2014

Need to initiate the Hammer Down protocol

One of my favourite Science Fiction films is Cloverfield. The whole thing is supposedly footage taken from a camera after a nuclear attack (the Hammer Down protocol) on New York. Now I'm not advocating such a drastic measure on my plot, but there are times when only overwhelming force is needed to combat weeds.

The weeds at the back of the plot are threatening to take over. Fortunately we have a strimmer available for plot holders.

So today was Strimmer Day. Oh, and not only did I do my plot, I also did all of the roads and main paths on the whole of the East Side. That's about 3 hours worth of strimming. Two fuel refills, and 4 changes of strimmer cord. Incidentally, if you do use a strimmer, then don't bother going for the cheap plastic strimmer cable. Get something tough and meaty. Costs more, but it's well worth it for the time and effort you will save.

Firstly a few views of my plot prior to initiating destruction on a massive scale.
 
 
 

And finally the aftermath. Complete with new compost heap covered in pumpkins. Gee I wonder where all the grass for the new compost heap came from? (OK, granted I had the beginning of it before hand, but now it is so much better.)

Phew. I sure hope those special seeds I planted yesterday have grown into a fully fledged crop, because I could really do with one.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?