Saturday 31 August 2019

More Watering

We're hoping that our tomatoes will actually ripen in the late August sunny weather. But one thing is certain, they won't survive unless they get plenty of water. So that's my job. Watering.

I was so busy watering that I didn't really take many photos. OK, I took one, and that was when we first arrived on the plot. The Morning Glory was in full flower up and over the archway.

The rest of the time was watering for me, weeding for The Wife. We did manage to get a few toms of the rogue plants, but the Ildi and the Sweet Millions just aren't producing. Perhaps a dose of Tomorite might help them along.

Despite having a new sun hat, I was wilting worse than the parched plants and after a couple of hours decided that discretion was the better part of valour and headed for home, with instructions to deliver some rhubarb from a plot neighbour, to a house neighbour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?