Sunday 4 August 2019

Weed infested jungle

Today was the first time I managed to get to the plot in nearly two months.



Although The Wife has managed to get to the plot on occasion, that was mostly related to watering to keep stuff alive. The weeds have gradually taken over.

I tried to help with pulling weeds and cutting back some of the overgrowth on things like the grape vine, but it seems that I'm still not well enough for hard work. Hardly surprising given that the Docs say it may well take months to get back to anything resembling normality.

We've pretty much given up getting anything decent from the plot this year and we've settled for just getting anything. Which we are getting here and there.

We managed to pull the French Dwarf Beans and shelled all the dried ones. Plus the ubiquitous courgettes of course.

Everything else is a little behind. The tomatoes, chillies, sweetcorn and potatoes all seem to be stunted and not producing anything.

But at least the Petunias seem to be starting to put on a good show.

I still have a few hospital appointments over the next few weeks to assess how well I'm recovering. Hopefully I'll be able to do a lot more down the plot. But for this year, I think we're just going to accept whatever we can get and try to put our energies into getting ready for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?