Tuesday 31 March 2020

Allotment Week - Under lockdown - Day 4 - Fixing Paths

Today the woodchips are disappearing fast.

Peter is still repairing the roadways and is using the woodchips to fill in a lot of the grooves and ruts. But I also need woodchips to re-do the pathways and raise the Deep End. But first I need to get some paper sorted.

I've been collecting Evening Standards and Metros for a while now. I intend to use the paper as a mulch to keep down the weeds. With the woodchips on top it should act as a sufficient barrier to keep them at bay. But first I have to remove all those pesky staples.

I piled up the woodchip because I really don't know when we'll get another delivery. At least this way I can do a bit more tomorrow.



Meanwhile The Wife was clearing one of the other beds. We had onions in it last year, but we don't really have a lot of luck with Onions. So much so that we have decided that we're not going to bother with them in the future. So, what few we had left remaining she pulled out. At least this way we can have some spring onions with our food.

But it does give us another bed ready for planting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?