Sunday 25 April 2021

Temporary Netting

 Yesterday I potted on the Pak Choi. Today something else needs to start getting transplanted. It's the Edamame.

I planted them in toilet rolls, because they really dislike root damage. So I put them outside into beds. However I don't have enough for a full set of both beds, so in fact they're going into one and a half. I may have to find something else for the other half.


They're still a bit too small (but too big for the rolls and trays) so they need some protection from birds, so I had to rig a temporary net. I don't have anything really suitable to hold the netting up, so instead I'm using one of my old troughs on it's side to help keep the netting up. By the time the plants are big enough to survive any kind of avian onslaught then the trough can be removed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?