Sunday 18 July 2021

Phew, what a scorcher (part 2)

So today is the usual "I drop The Wife off at the megastore and go to the allotment" thing. Except this is a 2pm... right in the middle of the heat. Now yesterday I watered everything at about 8am, and I was fine with that. But today, after a quick look in the greenhouse I realised that I need to water yet again as thing are getting a little dry. Except watering? In this heat? So I had the water cannon in one hand and an emergency cup in the other and as much as I watered I drunk an equal amount. I was almost passing out in that heat.

Anyway, I got through it, and also pulled some of the rhubarb for the neighbours as they had been promised some. It would seem to be the last of the season as I don't think the plant will produce any more large stems again.

Anyway, time to go cool off. Although I suppose I should go and pick up The Wife.




No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?