Sunday 16 May 2021

A steaming pile of...

 So, during the week there has been a delivery at the allotment. I first saw it on Wednesday when I went to the allotment to water the greenhouse. But this past weekend has been a wet one. Which, after a dry April, is most welcome. But that big delivery pile is now literally steaming. Don't know that you can make it out on the photo, but it is.

Meanwhile, my Pak Choi is going from strength to strength in the greenhouse. It must be good because some annoying little bugger has got in and starting having a nibble or three.

Anyway, I found him and four of his friends and now the only person that'll like him is the local thrush. Still, I guess those plants will grow a bit more to make up for the loss.

But yes, it's rather wet down the plot at the moment so there is nothing really doing at present. I bought some more Edamame seeds to replace the ones that I put out a bit too early. So hopefully they'll germinate to make up the loss. But everything else is chugging along. Got a few more tomatoes sprouting, which makes up for the loss of the Sweet Millions which didn't germinate. OK, I tell a lie, one of them did. But that's hardly encouraging. I've had somewhat of a failure when it comes to germinating plants this year. Only 1 Crown Prince, only 1 Sweet Million, only a couple of Chillies. It's not been a good start. Maybe this month will be better.

If it stops raining that is.




No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?