Sunday 27 March 2022

Allotment Week - Day 2 - Bed Prep

Ah Couch Grass, my old nemesis. We meet again.

So today I've been digging the Courgette beds and dumping a whole load of manure into them.

The hardest part is digging out the invasive couch grass. Now I've mentioned before about this stuff, and I'm pretty sure that you have some yourself... if you don't then I really envy you your situation because the damn stuff is so pernicious.

But once I managed to clear the beds of that stuff then I had to cart a few barrow loads of manure around. Which also wasn't easy, because, well, lets just say that my barrow tire has definitely seen better days.

But not all is lost. In wheeling the loads around, another plot holder offered me a replacement wheel. It's a bit sun faded, but the tire is not in bits. It's not actually inflated, and the mounting system is different, but it will certainly be a lot better that the above old thing.

It would be that when I drove home, the air pump at the garage was out of order. Ah well, at least I should be able to fix it all at some point in the future. Hopefully pretty soon, because a working wheel barrow is a must at the allotments.





No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?