Wednesday 8 April 2015

Allotment Week Day 3: A lot of nothing

Today has been one of those days where you were busy all day, but at the end of it, there is not a lot to show for it.

I spent most of it digging paths. Digging? Yes, digging. If you are going to put down paths, you certainly don't want to put them down where there is bind weed and couch grass which can poke their way through. So I've been digging out the pathways and putting cardboard down, before several trips to the wood chip pile to bring the level back up to that which it was before I started digging.

In doing so, I seem to be gradually moving the spoil across my plot. Which is no bad thing really as it gives me chance to get everything dug over, at least once, in some places many times, and to sieve the soil ready to be put back into the beds. The only problem is that it is back breaking work.

More tomorrow? Anybody know a good chiropractor?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?