Saturday 11 April 2015

Allotment Week Day 6: More seeds on the top shelf

So Mickey has done quite a fair bit of damage over the past couple of days. Out of the 60+ courgettes that were planted, only one (yes one) survived being dug up and eaten. Time for a different strategy.

Time for the Top Shelf.

Hopefully Mickey can't get up there to get his tasty treats. If that doesn't work, then it's mousetrap time.

It's a bit windy today. We had rain first thing, but by the time we got to the plot it was blue skies. But the wind started blowing things around again. The bamboo canes that I used to mark out the Soya bean patch were all blown across the plot. So it got me thinking. If I lean them up against something then they'll get blown over again. I need a place to put them. I've seen some people use wood pallets as cane storage. Nice idea, and I've got pallets to spare. But no real room to put them out at present. I was toying with the idea of using wire and making a couple of loops on the greenhouse to put them there. But there is no suitable gap where I can put the wire through. But how about the shed? Problem there is that the shed is covered with the grape vine.

But the shed is raised off the ground. Tadaah! I have an idea. Out with the wire.
Keeps them off the ground, and ready to hand.

I've dug the rest of the plot over, so now we're ready to get the beds done and start planting out the beans and such. Beds? Err, none around. Got to get cracking making some more beds. Drill on charge tonight, and a trip to B&Q in the morning. I hope they sell mouse traps too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?