Thursday 21 May 2020

Woodchips: Now you see 'em, now you don't

When we popped along to do some evening watering on Tuesday there had been a delivery of woodchips. Great, we thought. We can do the paths at the weekend.

Roll on Thursday evening trip for watering, and that pile of woodchips was almost depleted. So cue me going into manic mode to make sure that I at least have enough to do the goat paths between the beds. So I scraped about 8 barrow loads off the floor of the woodchip bay and dumped them into the middle of the plot.

The chips are quite leafy. From the shape of the leaves I'd hazard a guess at Chestnut. Sweet or Horse I couldn't tell you. Either way, hardwood chips are nothing to be sneezed at. Even those I did sneeze at the dust that I dragged up. I just wish it would rain a bit. But at least I have some woodchips for the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?