Sunday 17 May 2020

Quick visit to plant Beetroot

So whilst The Wife is doing the shopping run, I'm off to the plot.

The Beetroot which survived the munches of the Mouse is getting a little pot bound. So it's time to get it out into a bed. I tried my usual method of digging a hole, dropping the plant and then watering them in. Unfortunately the bed that I'm putting them in hadn't seen rain or a hose pipe in well over a month so it's a bit more like a dust bowl than a bed. So instead I had to give the bed a good soaking before I could actually plant anything.

So I only have 20 beetroots. I was expecting more, but since mousie had his breakfast, I have to make do with what I can get.

I'll leave you with a picture of yesterday's sweetcorn, since I forgot to take a picture yesterday.

This is the bed that has two beans planted under each transplant. Whether it works, who knows. But it's worth a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?