Thursday 9 April 2020

Allotment Week - Under lockdown - Day 13 - Mouse in the House

Feeling much better today. So much so that I managed to finangle a Microsoft Teams meeting with some of my work colleagues from down on the plot. Technically I'm on holiday, but since we're all cooped up with the ongoing crises we have instigated a weekly "chat about whatever" just to keep in touch with everybody. I rigged my mobile to offer a Mobile Hotspot and connected my computer to it. Then had an hour long chat with some of the team. They all seemed quite impressed. Probably more so when I can get the chance to offer them some of the fruits of the plot like last year.

On the bad news side of things, a Mouse has been having a go at the seeds that were planted at the weekend. Both the Sweetcorn and Cucumbers have been decimated by said critter. Not sure how many have actually survived given that they hadn't yet sprouted. So to protect them (or whats left of them), I have placed them up on the top shelf of the greenhouse. Hopefully out of mousie's reach.

Meanwhile, the rest of the new seedlings are putting on huge growth spurts.


I'm guessing that there is going to be some major potting on and transplanting taking place in the not too distant future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?