Monday 6 April 2020

Allotment Week - Under lockdown - Day 10 - Rain stops play (Updated)

After sunshine comes the rain.
Well, not so much rain, more like a persistent mist. Still, it's not something I really fancy working in. So today I'm going to be a good little boy and tidy my room.

Afternoon Update:
OK, so the rain stopped and the sun came out. So I did nip down to the plot. Not really did much, just enough to get my daily exercise in.

Dug over another bed and rooted out all the grass and weeds. All of which were dumped into the new compost bin location.

And also threw away the old wheelbarrow at the front of the plot. This wheel barrow last saw major use as a wild flower bed. But now The Wife has planted wild flowers into her raised bed, and this barrow is now a bit of an eyesore and no longer needed.

There are still some things to do. You will notice in the upper photo that there are still a number of grasses growing in the pathways. Since there is no more woodchip (well maybe a very small amount if I dig carefully) then trying to cover them with paper of woodchips won't really work. So I'll have to dig them out.

2 comments:

  1. Admired your hard work today - the mist cleared up very quickly but the place was quiet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah, we did actually nip to the plot in the afternoon. I've updated the blog above. Thanks for the praise. After last year's neglect, it's about time the plot got back into shape.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?