Sunday 12 April 2020

Allotment Week - Under lockdown - Day 16 - Exhausted

Well we did go to the plot today. But I didn't get any pictures.

I started digging the third bed in the Deep End, and only managed to complete half of it before I just couldn't go any further. It was absolutely exhausting trying to dig through the solid ground. Though I did managed to get a lot of the couch grass out, it's incredibly tough stuff. Especially when the ground is as hard as it is. I'll have to go back again at some point to get the rest of it. But not today.

As to the rest of the plot, well watering was the main action. That and The Wife potted on the Crown Prince pumpkins.

2 comments:

  1. It's very hot and dry on my plot too. I've not even sown my Crown Price, I don't want to plant them out until June, when do you plant yours?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plant them out when they're too big for pots in the greenhouse. Usually about May time... but that doesn't stop them still being victimised. https://martin-way-plot30.blogspot.com/2018/05/slug-party.html

      Delete

What do you think?