Saturday 25 April 2020

Compost!

I had an email during the week, from the MAGA Committee. I wasn't the only lucky recipient, they sent it to everybody. It was informing us that they have managed to obtain a couple of pallets of compost and they will be selling it for a short time on Saturday morning from 11am.

Considering that the Wood Chips and Manure bays are totally empty, then this is something that is very much in need.

So I duly joined the queue first thing. I wasn't the only one there as there were plenty ahead of me, and loads more behind.

Once I managed to claim my two bags (limited numbers) I wheeled them back on my flat-tire barrow, back to the plot. I really do need to get that tire fixed. Or get a new barrow.

Anyway, I have a lot of plants which are getting to the stage that I need to pot them on. Or plant them out. But I suspect that some of the plants, if they are put into beds, would be severely hampered by the pests. I don't want a repeat of the Slug Party.

I already seem to be suffering from some Flea Beetle issues on the turnips.

But some of the plants in the beds are making a decent showing. The beans have finally broken through and seem to be heading for the stars.

And The Wife's strawberry empire looks like it'll be coming to fruition soon enough.

Mind you, there is a lot of weeding to be done. A lot of little shoots are all poking their noses up and need to be chopped off at the roots. So guess what I spent the rest of my time at the plot doing. Yes, weeding. The planting out can wait until tomorrow I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?