Saturday 4 April 2020

Allotment Week - Under lockdown - Day 8 - More beds to prepare

So I decided to change my focus. Instead of doing the Deep End, which is really hard work, I moved to focus on the bottom three beds of the main bit. This lot was also underwater (was it really just a month ago?) but fortunately these beds are a little more improved over time and are easier to dig. Way easier. The Couch Grass is not as invasive, nor are the beds themselves made of clay.

Needless to say, it took less time to sort those three out, than it did to sort out either of the two beds in the Deep End.

The far bed will be for Beetroot, the closer bed I put some Runner Beans in.

Meanwhile The Wife was sorting out her Strawberry Empire.


We also planted a whole load of new seeds in the greenhouse, such as Cucumbers. This lovely sunny weather is having a good impact on the other seeds are there are sprout and seedlings appearing all over the place. I may have to start planting some of them outside before my holiday period is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?