Friday 10 April 2020

Allotment Week - Under lockdown - Day 14 - Potting on and Transplanting

Well as I threatened yesterday, there is a lot of growth in the greenhouse and the Courgettes are bursting out of their pots. Maybe we should have planted them directly into pots rather than a seed tray. Never mind they'll survive. And even if some don't, we have more than enough of them.

And maybe I've been a bit hasty in putting out the turnips. Although the packet says to sow outside and then "thin" them afterwards, I've always thought this to be a waste. Why let them grow and then kill some of them? Anyway, I've transplanted one tray outside. The other tray I shall leave for the time being.

3 comments:

  1. Surely all those pots aren’t courgettes! Otherwise you’re not kidding when you say you will have enough of them! I don’t plant mine out until June, so I’ve not even sown them yet :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they're all courgettes. It was a 99% germination rate. And mousie didn't get any of them (unlike the Sweetcorn and cucumbers). So there are more than enough spare.

      Delete
  2. Your not kidding, two plants is more than enough for us!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?