Saturday 26 June 2021

Allotment Week - Day 8 - And Barbecue to name but two.

The late great Ronnie Barker used to do wonderful monologues to camera that were full of jokes and innuendos. He once did and advert which has stuck in my mind since then, and now any time we have a barbecue this phrase comes to mind.


It's really good to get out and meet people. Especially like-minded people at the allotments. we of course, brought far too much food with us so we ended up bringing in other allotmenteers to sit down with us, have some salad and a burger (both meaty and veggie) and have a good old chin-wag. The last time we had a good old cookup was back in 2018.

Now lock-down has lifted a bit we can meet up like this, and since the only place I have been able to go is between home and the allotment, this makes a really great change.

Although I'm still not feeling my best. I think I'm running a bit of a temperature and I hardly ate anything, just guzzled water. I suspect that there may not be many more updates before I have to return to work on the 1st.

1 comment:

  1. I too look forward to our allotment socials… one day..
    Hope you feel better

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?