Sunday 20 June 2021

Allotment Week - Day 2 - Has beans

So I tried planting out the Edamame back in April (as it said on the instructions). Bad move. The slugs and snails (and weeds) had a field day with them. Yesterday I dug over all the middle beds ready. Today, just a brief trip to the plot, but it's time to put the beans out.

Again it was the old toilet roll trick to get them going. Although I'm wondering how well they'll fare as a lot of the roots had grow out of the rolls and into the rolls adjacent to them. There was some root damage as I tried to prise them apart. Hopefully they'll be OK.

And as promised yesterday, here is the photo of the pink poppies... complete with bumblebee.

Tomorrow, I think I need to plat out the sweetcorn as it's getting rather tall... except the bed that it's scheduled to go into is worse than the beds I dug out yesterday, combined. Not looking forward to that.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?