Saturday 19 June 2021

Allotment Week - Day 1 - It's like Deja-vu all over again.

So I am forced to take holiday. I am carrying over the maximum allowed into my next year, because I haven't been able to take holiday. But that's pretty much the same for everybody.

Anyway, today is the day after rain. Yesterday (and a bit on Thursday) we had a torrential downpour, and boy do the weeds love it. So today I'm back to the same old thing... Digging weeds and beds and more weeds and...

I dug for a few hours until my back and legs started complaining. So I didn't get as much done as I wanted, but sufficient to start planting out some of the things in the greenhouse. The beds I dug were the failed Edamame ones from earlier in the year. Hopefully the replacements will be a little more robust.

But at least the Poppies are liking it. The Red and Whites are thriving around the compost bins.

And the Pinks are starting to come into flower in The Wife's flower bed. Guess I'll have to take photos of those tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?