Saturday 30 April 2022

Allotment Week - Planting Stuff

Some allotment week this has been. I put my back out earlier in the week and I didn't really get much chance to be down the plot. But today is nice and sunny, and my back is feeling much better so it's time to actually do something.

First off, there is a lot of stuff that was previously planted that needs potting on. So that's what I started with. The Pak Choi got put into individual pots. Previously I had put them into a long trough, but that kind of made it easy for a single snail to get in and ruin a lot of plants all at once. So this time, I'm putting them into separate pots (courtesy of M&S soups).

Meanwhile the Courgettes and Crown Princes all need to be sorted out. Not as good a successful germination rate this year, so I started a few more of them off.

The empty trays in front were the sweetcorns that I started a while back. None of them took. At all. So I guess it's time to try some of the other kernels to see whether those are any better.

Meanwhile The Wife was busy planting more tomatoes, cucumbers, Japanese Spinach, Mizuna and other stuff.

And we weren't alone at the plot. Our Vulpine Princess decided to visit to keep an eye on us and make sure we were working hard and to her exacting standards.

We've decided to call her Velma. After all, she wears orange.




No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?