Friday 15 April 2022

Spring has finally sprung

Unlike a few weeks back, it looks like spring has finally settled in to stay. It's a nice sunny Bank Holiday - which makes a change for a UK BH. This morning there were no less than 8 cars in the car park. 9 if you count the one that was leaving as I arrived. The Apple Tree is in full bloom.

Which in turn has meant that the Bees are out and about.

And the Rhubarb has finally decided to start growing with renewed vigour.

However, this also means that the weeds are starting to get in on the act as well, which means that garlic is starting to get a little overwhelmed.

I spent most of the morning working on the new shelving unit for the end of the greenhouse. However I was soundly defeated by the weather. The sun was just too much and I decided not to bake and headed for cooler climes and a ice cold drink. Tomorrow I'll go to the allotment a lot earlier in the day so as to avoid cooking.


1 comment:

  1. I do love a buzzing allotment in Spring (see what I did there? 🙄)
    Beautiful apple tree

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?