Sunday 3 April 2022

Allotment Week - Day 9 - Treasure from the Trash

So, final day of being down the allotment. Next week it's back to the old grindstone again. But at least I can pop to the allotment in the evenings, so not all is lost.

Today has just been a day of tidying up and pulling out a few more weeds. Not been able to do much as I must have pulled a muscle in my back yesterday. Anyway, one thing I did notice was that somebody had thrown away some branches into the "green" waste bin. By green I mean living material but in this case it was brown. The branches seem to have been cut from a cherry tree, and were quite dry. Ideal for chopping up into firewood for the Ghillie Kettle. So thats what I did.

It's not the first time I've raided the rubbish bins for useful stuff. It's a common theme that people recycle and re-use whatever they can on the plots. Albeit wheelbarrows, or windows.

The frost on the tops of the cars this morning suggests that it's still not the right time to go all out with the sowing just yet. Despite it still being rather warm in the greenhouse. So for now, the sowing will have to wait. Maybe I'll start sowing in Easter. It's only a couple of weeks away.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?