Saturday 9 April 2022

Work Parties, Compost and Shelves

Today was the first day of the working party. I didn't take part as I'm still trying to keep a distance from people to avoid catching the dreaded you-know-what. But I did stop buy to photograph the hard workers.

The shop has finally got a new delivery of compost in. The compost from the bins is OK, except because it didn't get to a hot temperature, it didn't fully kill any seeds that were in it. So the best compost for starting seeds is the more professional variety. So I bought four bags worth ready for the new seeds.

But as I was there I did notice a pallet that was available. Now I've used this size before to make shelves, so I knew exactly what to do with it.

So cut down the middle and then interlace the slats. Unfortunately as this was unexpected, I didn't have my power tools with me so I couldn't screw it all together at the end. But tomorrow I'll take my tools and finish it off. Of course, it can't fit in the greenhouse since there are already two of these running the full length of the 2nd greenhouse. But I can certainly use this to make some shelves for the outside of the greenhouse. I've wanted to make a growing area at the back of the greenhouse for a while now, so perhaps this will work. I'll have to see what I can work out.





No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?